Under 17- Three Months before your seventeenth Birthday you can apply for your Theory Test. You do not need to wait to turn 17 to start practicing to drive. At Falcon Driving Academy we offer safe off road and theory training on a secured and private ground.
Please call us for more information as we have a good offer in place for Transition Year Students!
THE DAY OF THE TEST
1. Learner permit
2. Be there minimum 15 minutes before the test
3. Valid and up to date TAX/INSURANCE/NCT
4. NO warning lights on the dashboard
5. Indicators and brake lights
6. L Plates; Front- top left/ Back- top right
ROAD SIGNS / USEFUL WEBSITES
TOP 20 QUESTION & ANSWERS
1. When can you overtake on the left?
A: When the vehicle ahead of you is turning right; If you are turning left immediately after overtaking; In slow moving lanes in traffic.
2. What rules apply to a box junction?
A: Do not enter unless your exit is clear; but you may enter when you are turning right (one car per turn)
3. What is a clearway?
A: Clearway is a busy road and drivers should not stop or park; except busses and taxis
4. When should you dip your head lights?
A: Rain, Fog, Snow, Oncoming traffic, behind another vehicle, in a well lit area, in a tunnel
5. What is the safe distance to travel behind another vehicle?
A: 2 second gap /4 second gap in wet weather/10 second gap on snow and ice
6. What is the minimum tread depth on a tire?
A: 1.6 mm and 1mm for classic cars and motorbikes
7. What is a legal parking distance from a junction or a bend?
A: 5 meters
8. What is a legal parking distance from a kerb?
A: 45 cm
9. What regulations apply to the use of the horn?
A: Do not use from 11.30pm to 7:00 am except in an emergency
10. What does an amber traffic light mean?
A: Stop if safe
11. Where should you not park?
A: Bends/ Tunnels/ Bridges/ Double yellow line/ Bus stops
12. How do you recognise a zebra crossing at night?
A: Flashing amber beacons
13. What do white zigzag lines mean and where would you see them?
A: No parking; No overtaking; / Pedestrian crossing area
14. What is coasting?
A: Driving with the clutch pressed in or driving in natural
15. What is the national speed limit?
16. What do red flashing lights mean?
A: Stop, train coming
17. What does a red triangle indicate?
A: Accident or broken down vehicle ahead
18. What is the maximum speed limit in a built up area?
19. What does a green light mean?
A: Go if the Way is clear.
20. What should you do if you are dazzled by the headlights?
A: By oncoming vehicle; slow down, look to the left of the road or stop if necessary.
By following traffic; use the night mode in the centre mirror.